To Examine the Relationship between Selected Variables of Psychological Skills Training Program among the Archery Performance of National Level Archery Players of Chandigarh India
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Research scholar has selected the topic with the purpose to examine the relationship between selected variables of psychological skill training program on archery performance of National level archery players. For the purpose of present study, the random sampling method was used to select the archers as the subject. Keeping in view the purpose of the study, 07 National level archery players of Chandigarh were randomly selected, the age of subjects ranging between 15 > 30 years. All subjects participated in State, National, All India Inter University level Competition, and belong to Archery academy named “Guru ki Mehar” which is located in sector 39, Chandigarh. Standardized. Psychological skills assessment scale (PSAS), test the Arousal regulation, Goal setting, Imagery, Attention, Motivation, Self-Awareness and Self-Confidence of the Archers. The level of significance was set at 0.05 in order to check the significance of the calculated correlation. Results: The results showed that selected psychological skills training program variables namely Goal Setting between Self – Confidence were found (r =.981** (ρ < 0.01) which was positive relationship there was significant correlation at the 0.05 levels. Other hand side correlation between variable namely Arousal regulation with Goal Setting, Motivation, Attention, Imagery and Self – Awareness was found weak relationship (ρ > 0.05) there was not a significant correlation at the 0.05.
- Andersen, M. B. (2005). Sport psychology in practice. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.
- Arpad, C. (n.d.). Running with the Ball and Dribbling: Soccer. Corvina Press, Firenze Olympia.
- David, S. (2010). Live it up 2, Training management. John Wiley & Sons, Australia.
- Elliott, A. C. (2007). Statistical Analysis Quick Reference Guidebook. Sage Publication, London. https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781412985949
- Gill, D. (2002). Psychological Dynamic of sports and Exercise second edition. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.
- Green, C. D. (2003). Psychology strikes out. History of Psychology, Educational Publishing Foundation, US. https://doi.apa.org/doi/10.1037/1093-4510.6.3.267
- Hackfprt, D., Hackfprt, D. & Schwenkmezger, P. (1993). Handbook of research on Sport Psychology. Macmill, New York, USA.
- Hardy, L. J. (1997). Understanding psychological preparation for sport: Theory and practice of elite performers. John Wiley & Sons Ltd, New York, United States.
- Harris, D. V. (1984). The athlete’s guide to sports psychology: Mental skills for physical people. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL.
- James Gordon Bennett, J. E. (1982). The Miracle of Sports Psychology. Prentice-Hall, Michigan, United States.
- Unestahl, L.-E. (1 june 1983). The Mental Aspect of Gymnastics. Mouvement Pubns, United Kingdom.