A STUDY OF THE EFFECTS OF ELECTRONIC WORD-OF-MOUTH MARKETING COMPONENTS ON THE SALES PERFORMANCE OF SPORTS STORES IN SHIRAZ
- Sales performance,
- Sports stores,
- Virtual network,
- Word-of-mouth marketing
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of word-of-mouth marketing components on the sales performance of sports stores in Shiraz, Iran. The research method is correlation method which describes the characteristics of the subjects and also evaluates the correlations and relationships between the variables used in the research. The statistical population of the study consisted of customers of sports clubs in Shiraz who advertised in cyberspace. Because accurate statistics about customers is not available, 384 persons were identified as the sample of the study according to the Cochran sample size formula in unspecified conditions. The instrument of this study was electronic word-of-mouth advertisement by Bomboer et al. (2011) as well as sales performance questionnaire by Moghimi Fard (1395). In order to analyze the data of the present research, descriptive and inferential statistics were used. In the descriptive statistics section, mean and standard deviation were used. In the inferential statistical section, Smirnov's clomograph tests were used to determine the normality of the data and the structural equation test was used for the research model. All data analysis was done in SPSS version 18 and PLS software. The results of this study showed that word-of-mouth marketing, virtual networks, email and web pages have a meaningful effect on the sales performance of sports stores in Shiraz.
- Behnam, M., Modiri, M. and Hashemi, Z. (1394). “The Effect of Word-of-Mouth Advertising on the Creation of Special Brand Value Based on Consumer in Sport Services.” Sport Management, 31, pp. 85-104.
- Beigi, J. and Ebrahimi, A. (1394). “Electronic Word-of-Mouth Advertisement and Its Effects on the Behavior of the Consumer.” The Fifth National and the Third International Conference of Accounting and Management, Tehran, Khadamate Bartar Company.
- Haghgoo, Somayyeh (1394). “A Study of the Effect of Organized Marketing on Word-of-Mouth Advertisement via the Quality of Communication between Customers of Maskan Bank.” The First International Conference of Accounting, Management and Career Innovation, Gilan, Pooyandegan andisheye No Institute and Some’eh-Sara Municipality.
- Khatibzadeh, M. (1390). “The Role of the Quality of Sport Tourist Services on the Willingness of Sport Tourists to Come Back.” …. Spring 1392, No. 17, pp. 191-206.
- Samadpour, Narges and Bigonah, Mohammad (1395). “A Study of the Relation between Satisfaction, Word-of-Mouth Marketing and the Desire to Change Customers.” The First National Conference of Management and World Economy, Tehran, Science and Technology University.
- Nejad, Mehr Ali, and Soleimani, Sajjad (1395). Information and Technology System in Sport. Tehran: Bamdade Ketab.
- Hervas-Drane, A. (2015). “Recommended for you: The effect of word of mouth on sales concentration.”International Journal of Research in Marketing, 32(2), 207-218.?
- Khammash, M. &Havard, G. G. (2011). “Electronic word-of-mouth (eWOM), antecedences andconsequences”. International Journal of Information Management, 31,82–87. ArrivederciCIAO.com, BuongiornoBing.com.
- Murtiasih, S., & Siringoringo, H. (2013). “How word of mouth influence brand equity for automotive products in Indonesia.” Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 81, 40-44.?